1. Game Play:
Four 10-minute quarters with a running clock for the first 9 minutes of each quarter. The clock will stop during the last minute of each quarter for all timeouts and stoppages of play.
All overtimes are 5 minutes long with a running clock. Only 1 overtime will be played.
Each player is allowed six personal fouls. Two technical fouls equals an ejection. Technical fouls also count as team fouls.
4. Foul Shots:
One-and-one on the 7th team foul. Two shots on the 10th team foul.
5. Free Throws:
During free throws, players cannot enter the free throw lane/circle until ball hits the rim.
6. Time Outs:
Each team gets four time outs during regulation time and one additional time in overtime.
7. Calling Time Outs:
he head coach, not an assistant, may request a time out, but the time out is only granted when a referee acknowledges the request.
8. The Bench Area:
Only the head coach may stand and he/she is restricted to an area spanning the length of the bench — from the first to last seat. Do not block the scorekeeper’s vision. All assistant coaches and bench players must remain seated except during time outs and between periods.
Teams may begin the game with four players, but the opponent can still play with five. Teams with less than 4 players will forfeit the game.
Conduct & Game Notes
1. Pace of Game:
Referees will keep the game moving.
Substitutes will be beckoned into the game by referees. Substitutes will report to scorer’s table or a designated spot at half-court before they are allowed to enter the game.
Taunting, profanity and “trash” talking will not be tolerated. Referees are not required to warn a player or coach before assessing a technical foul.
Fighting is an automatic ejection and 1 game suspension. A second ejection for fighting is an automatic suspension from the league (no refunds will be given).
Teams will have a 5 minute halftime.
• Coaches must supervise their team members before, during and after the game
• Coaches should supply basic first aid supplies, towels, ice, etc.
• Coaches are to bring two basketballs for warm-ups
• Coaches are to provide a completed score sheet – with names and jersey numbers – to the scorekeeper prior to the game
• Coaches should clean up your bench area during and after the game
• Coaches should remind parents and spectators to supervise all children while in the gym area.